We talk about masturbation often on Cherry TV because it’s a great way to learn about our bodies and comfortably connect with the feelings that turn us on!
There are many benefits to masturbation…..
It is the safest sex we can have that gives us all the pleasure without any unwanted consequences- no std’s, no pregnancy, no problem!
It allows us to get to know our bodies better and know what pleases us. We are taught how to take charge of our orgasms ourselves rather than passively having them-or not having them.
Once we know our bodies then we can transfer that knowledge to our partners. This way if an orgasm doesn’t happen during intercourse you can incorporate masturbation into the bedroom.
We have a great introduction to masturbation by Jamye Waxman, one of our marvelous sex experts. You can watch it here: Intro To Masturbation
According to Jamye, men and women masturbate for the same reasons, to feel good and relax.
In the video, she gives several tips on how to masturbate and become more in tuned with the body’s sensations.
1) “Set the Mood”: Make sure your environment is calming and relaxing. Adjust the lighting, add candles, put on the nice satin sheets, do anything to make yourself feel comfortable.
2) “Relax and Free Your Mind” : Enjoy the feelings coming from your body, fantasize, get in touch with your body with self massage and enjoy the ride.
3) Technique “Rubbing the Public Mound” : Start by rubbing the public mound (the fatty, padded part of vagina) in either a circular or back and fourth motion. This usually indirectly stimulates the clitoris which is the main source of sexual pleasure in women. Then try to touch along the lips of the vagina and along the opening. This allows you to tease yourself and become more aroused.
4) Technique “ Stimulating the Clitoris” : When you are fully aroused, take the time to explore the clit. You want to lick your fingers or use lube when touching your clitoris so it’s nice and wet. Be gentle when exploring this area because the clit has between 6000-8000 nerve endings and it’s the only body part designed only for pleasure (we ladies are so lucky).
5) Explore: Now that you are intimately getting to know your body, this is the time to see what works and what does not. In the video, Jamye says that as you reach orgasm, clenching the pc muscles (the ones used to stop urine flow) can intensify these feelings. Also some women may have trouble reaching orgasm without the use of a toy such as a vibrator. This is ok, vibrators are excellent to use in order to reach orgasm. Remember, there is no right or wrong way to masturbate. As Jamye says in the video “Do what feels fantastic”.
We agree! And this is just one way to masturbate. Basically, any time you are stimulating yourself sexually, whether you are playing with your clitoris, fondling your vagina, inserting a clean sex toy or another apparatus (with a condom on it!! Never put anything with the potential to carry germs inside your body without cleaning or covering it!), or all of the above, it’s masturbation. If you continue long enough to climax, great! But if you get tired and stop, that’s fine too. It’s all about what feels good – there’s no rules when it comes to masturbation or sexual stimulation. Simply enjoy!
- FAQ - Masturbation There are many questions we often get here on Cherry...
- Answers to Masturbation Questions Despite our range of clips about masturbation to orgasm –...
- Learning To Masturbate The videos in which the women talk about their masturbation...
- Comfort With Climaxing This discussion comes soon after the announcement by Stephanie that...
- How To Practice Reaching Orgasm I recently received a question on the Cherry TV site...