Let’s face it: if you’re spending a lot of time with someone, he or she will eventually see you slip up. After all, everyone makes mistakes.
However, if that time you’re spending together involves a whole lot of buck naked shenanigans, you’re probably even more aware that your uneasy moments have potential for torrential awkwardness. Luckily, sexual mistakes do not have to be sexual blunders. No one can do the ‘right thing’ 100% of the time. Yet, you can master the art of recovery, which has been known to transform even the most uncomfortable situations into some of the least memorable moments (or most cherished memories) of a person’s sexual life.
Tips for Flawless Recovery after Awkward Sexual Moments:
(1) Don’t Abandon Humor: As Bill Cosby once said, “Through humor, you can soften some of the worst blows that life delivers.” Odds are, this is not in direct reference to a ‘BJ.’ Nevertheless, his advice certainly holds true in the bedroom. Rather than panicking from a mistake, try cracking a joke instead. It shows that you don’t pretend to be perfect which, in turn, may also help your partner to relax.
(2) Remain Confident: If you continue to obsess over a mishap, you’re only making it more obvious to your partner. For many, this can be a total mood killer. So, when faced with an awkward situation, demonstrate your confidence by simply moving on from your mistake. It’s often just as easy as that.
(3) Say Sorry: Though it’s important not to dwell on your mistakes, there are some particular mishaps which cannot go unacknowledged. (Use your judgment to determine if this is the case.) In these instances, the best solution may be a quick verbal apology. This can help to build your partner’s trust, as it provides him or her with the reassurance that you have no intentions to repeat that action again. Not sure what to say? Truly, anything from “Sorry about that!” to “Will you ever forgive me?” can be effective. (Remember to keep tips #1 and #2 in mind.)
Whether it’s an elbow in the face or the infamous ‘queef,’ there is almost always a way to diffuse the awkwardness which inevitably comes with intimacy. Just don’t forget your incredible, resilient charm (and an incredible, understanding partner!)
To find out how our Cherry Dishers have dealt with their own fair-share of awkward moments, check out the following videos:
- Advice for Sexual Ruts Every couple gets into a sexual rut now and then....
- Male Sexual Disorders Sexual dysfunction, for both men and women, can be embarrassing...
- When a Dick Goes Limp…Or Some Similar Sexual Fiasco. So, aside from getting "Losing My Religion" stuck in my...